From:
Matt Baker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jul 2002 15:38:00 -0500
> As a child, I used to wish I could just eat the sandwich fillings and not
> the bread, but of course I wasn't allowed to.

> I had a similar experience anytime I was ever served pasta. I never wanted
> the pasta, only the sauce.

Late at night after a family reunion two years ago I was snacking on some
great baked ham and visiting with my father in the adjoining motel room.  He
must have told me half a dozen times to eat some bread with it or it would
upset my "stomach" (read bowels).  He has never "liked" bread, but never
made the connection that it's the bread and not the fat meat that gives him
problems.  My telling him so went counter to what he believes the truth to
be.

(Note to Mary who emailed me privately:  I forgot to tell you that since
going paleo I eat no processed meat whatsoever.  I thought once about
"uncuring" some bacon, but I doubt that it fully rids the meat of the
chemicals and sugar.)

Theola