From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 May 2002 21:07:32 -0400
On Tue, 21 May 2002, Richard Geller wrote:

> Todd, you said the problem does not occur very often but when it does, it
> correlates with leafy greens. I assume many other times you eat leafy greens
> (cooked?) with no problems, is that right?

I don't eat leafy greens all that often anymore, actually.  I
find it tiresome to prepare salads, so I don't have them that
often.  It's easier, and more satisfying to me, to have berries,
or a piece of fruit, or a sweet potato or turnip or something.

> Since you presented this problem it has always sounded a lot like very mild
> food poisoning. )I get the same problem infrequently and attribute it to
> something bad in the food I ate.) Is there a commonality to where you get
> the greens, or the type of greens, or how you prepare them?

Not that I can think of.  I will often order salads in
restaurants, since someone else is doing all the chopping.  At
home, I usually have them only if my wife does the preparation.
But she's pretty fussy about washing the lettuce, etc.  At work I
sometimes get greens from the salad bar.  I can't verify that it
is always and only when I eat salad greens that I get this
problem, because there are plenty of gaps in my food journal (I
am much less diligent about it than I used to be).  But there
seems to be a correlation.  I plan to do some experimentation
over the next few days to see if I can confirm the hypothesis.

Todd Moody