From:
Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Apr 2002 19:58:44 -0400
From: "Laura Paris" <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, April 22, 2002 8:36 PM

> The
> energy went into decline about the 4th day on the Paleo diet and the joint
> pains seem to have increased. Q. Is this a normal reaction? and can I
expect
> different reactions as I progress further on the diet? I'm sticking 100%
> the strict version, no open meals at all.

It could be electrolyte imbalance if you are also pursuing a low carb
version of paleo. It is hard not to do low carb paleo unless you include
enough starchy veggies, roots and tubers. Weakness and pain in the joints
when I've had it was due to the diuretic effect of low carb rather than
anything paleo. I would use a little bit of litesalt and regular salt and it
would get better. Eventually your body adjusts. I drink 8 glasses or so of
water every day and have no electrolyte problems, but I am not low carb
either.

Just a thought.

--Richard