From:
Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Apr 2002 11:30:10 -0400
From: "C. ten Broeke" <[log in to unmask]>
> Yesterday I fell down because I didn't notice a hole in the ground.
>  Immediately it was obvious I've hurt my ankle pretty badly. Somehow
> I've managed to get to the hospital where they examined the thing inside
> out.
<snip>
> Does anyone know of natural remedies that may speed up the process and
> make me able to do the tour?  It's the sort of injury that hurts like
> hell, made a bruise and leaves you immobilised for a while.

As a matter of fact, yes, I do know something that will help. Two herbs
taken together, in their standardized extract form. One is turmeric, the
other is milkthistle. Turmeric is usually sold standardized for about 80%
curcumin content, and milkthistle is sold for about 80% silymarin
standardized content.

Combined together they are a powerful, yet friendly and benign
anti-inflammatory that works just as well or better than ibuprofen, without
the side effects and harmful collagen-destroying properties of ibuprofen.

The combo does not work as well analgesic-wise as ibuprofen, but it does
work at least as well or better in reducing swelling and promoting healing.
I went hiking yesterday in a steep 2 hour uphill climb over rocks and my
right knee became swollen. So I started this regimen myself and am already
feeling better. I take it three times per day, one of each capsule, around
250mg of each.

One thing they also do is tend to somehow reduce the recycling of liver
bile. These herbs are known to help protect the body from poisens by helping
the liver. They will cause soft stool so you might want to take psyillium
fiber as a supplement.

(Disclaimer: I am not a doctor and would not presume to give medical advice
blah blah blah)

Hope this helps

--Richard