From:
Toby Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jul 1997 02:52:32 -0700
Don Wiss wrote:
> One of the advantages of the Paleolithic Diet is you shouldn't worry about
> things like how much fiber is in something. When our ancestors came upon
> such wild berries they would have pigged out on them and not bothered to
> put any extra effort into finding other foods. So just pig out on them
> while they last. Come winter you can pig out on raw meat and fat.

This prompts 2 questions in my mind:

1. Judging from this comment, and the diet summaries of many people on
this list, I notice that many NeanderThin eaters don't seem to worry
about
fibre. So, not to put too fine a point on it, but what are your bowel
movements like? (I prefer mine frequent and bulky, and partly to
encourage
this, I eat maybe 30-60g of fibre a day.)

2. Our ancestors wouldn't have had easy access to the same quantity of
berries that we do... are you really following the paleolithic diet if
you pig out on them?

Toby