C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Salkin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 14:28:52 -0400
I had to learn to think metrically when I was in grad school and did
biological measurements for physical anthropolgical research.  Kinda gives a
new meaning to brain size when you measure skulls in cubic centimetres vs.
inches.

The only way I found I could learn metric math was to throw out the
feet/inches/pounds, etc. out the window and think totally in meters,
kilometers, kilos, kilocalories, etc., etc.  Quite a challenge for a while, I
can tell you.  But then metric measurements is much more scientifically
accurate, and so I learned how to do it.

Kat