BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"M. P. Edison" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 24 Jun 2002 10:12:07 -0400

> In a message dated 6/21/2002 10:50:47 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
> [log in to unmask] writes:
>

> > . I am told that drywall is
> > practically an ideal environment for mold to grow in, which
plaster is not.

> Don,
>
> I'm reasonably confident that the difference is the paper covering
on gyp
> board.
>
> Will ask The Mold Guys next time I see them, with Ken's partner
Senior, at
> The Moldy Motel.
>
> Ralph

If I can remember way back to when I really was YOUNG Mike, working
for USG and watching the sheetrock go down the line at something like
120 board feet/hr., the recipes for the stuff in between the sheets of
paper was a lot more involved than just gypsum plaster and water. The
mix squirted in at the edges, for example, is different from the stuff
in the middle to make it better able to hold nails. I seem to recall
that there was even some sugar in the mix, though I can't remember why.

Edison Coatings, Inc.
M. P. Edison
President
3 Northwest Drive