VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

"VICUG-L: Visually Impaired Computer Users' Group List" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 07:10:15 -0700
7bit
From:
Patty Arnold <[log in to unmask]>
Hi Keith,

Your question made me curious, so i went exploring, using help in word, then
taking my best guess on where to look in outlook Express, my mail program.
This should give some idea on where to look.  I am running word 2000, but
the process may be similar to other versions of word.

Here's the instructions from help in word, under  default working folder,
then I'll explain what I found in outlook express.

"Changing the default working folder
You can change the default working folder for Word on the File Locations tab
in the Options dialog box (Tools menu).

You can change the default working folder for all your Office programs and
for the Open Office Document button and command on the Office Shortcut Bar
by renaming the My Documents folder, by moving the folder to a new location,
or both. If you already changed the default working folder for Word or
another individual Office program, that setting is not affected."

In Outlook Express I went to the tools menu on the menu bar, then to
options, then to the tab titled "maintenance", and near the bottom of this
dialog box there is a button called "store folder". When I activated this it
had a button to "change folder".   I didn't go any further than this,
because I don't want to change mine, but I presume this is where I could
have.

Hope this helps.

Patty Arnold