Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 4 Jul 2002 18:48:45 -0400
7bit
From:
rick and/or linda strong <[log in to unmask]>
maybe disingenuous.

He flatly states that saturated fats are bad. Didn't many people alive
today have their genetics molded by ice-ages, living off of large
northern prey (including extinct ones such as mastodons and cave bears)
with large depots of saturated fat? He says to eat skinless chicken
breast.

Are you accounting for the advice at the bottom of page 102, Cordain, The
Paleo Diet, re the hazard of Omega six imbalance with feed lot animals.  I
read the book and do not have the impression that He is not  saying avoid
fat.  check out the book.  There are many pages where the propriety of fats
is mentioned.  One page 22 a sample diet is profiled that includes salmon
(fatty fish), shrimp (cholesterol laden), pork chops(!), avocado (very
oily), almonds (lots of fat.  I appreciate your ire if you are a big Atkins
fan but I cannot get too next to Atkins b/c of his promotion of industrial
by-products such as his soy lowcarb bars, jello, cream cheese and failure to
admonish against feedlot fat.