Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 12 Jun 2002 07:25:40 -0500
On Wed, 12 Jun 2002 00:14:13 EDT, Kathy Schwinghammer
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Has anyone else lost a lot of weight eating Paleo?  And if anyone's got any
>tips or suggestions for a Paleo-newbie, I'd be so glad to hear them.

Hi Kathy,

Welcome to the list. I haven't been here that long myself either. I managed
to lose 25-30 lb on low-carb/paleo over the course of about a year. It's
quite common to lose a lot at the beginning and then slow down, so you may
need to adjust your expectations a little :-)

Stick with what you're doing for a bit, and see how it goes. If you're
still losing but just slower than before, I would say accept it and don't
be in too much of a hurry. I have heard it said that the slower you lose
the weight, the more likely you are to keep it off in the long term.

One suggestion you might like to consider: taking up weight training more
seriously. I did cardio religiously for years without it affecting my
weight in the slightest, but when I started weights I found it made a
difference within weeks. I tend to do them twice a week for around 40
minutes, so it's not an enormous time commitment. I found the
book "Weightlifting for Dummies" and this site:
www.stumptuous.com/weights.html both very useful.

HTH,

Jo