AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
"AAM (African Association of Madison)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Apr 2005 22:46:00 +0000
From:
"Peter R. Munoz" <[log in to unmask]>
** Please visit our website: http://www.africanassociation.org **

http://www.centrohispanomadison.org/flyer.html

From: Victor Villacrez
Subject: April 12, 2005 Celebration of the Madison/Urabumba, Cuzco Sister
City Project
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 17:26:08 -0500

Press Release

For Immediate Release:

Centro Hispano of Dane County

Presents a Celebration of the Madison/ Urubamba, Cuzco Sister City Project

April 12, 2005

5:30-8:00 PM

Multi Cultural Center

1862 Beld Street

For more information contact:

  Peter Munoz at Centro Hispano 256-3018

HYPERLINK
"mailto:[log in to unmask]"[log in to unmask]

      Centro Hispano is hosting a special program to kick off our
Madison/Urabumba Cuzco Sister City Project.

  We are looking to share with Madison this wonderful opportunity to be
involved with one of the most fascinating areas in the world. The first trip
to Cuzco is planned for this summer to witness the Inti Raymi or the
Festival of the Sun., the largest traditional Indian celebration in the
Americas. There we be a will be formal signing of the sister city documents
with a small ceremony at the famous Incan ruins of Machu Picchu. This event
will be a wonderful opportunity for people of Madison to learn more about
the Cuzco area and to join the Madison/Urabumba Cuzco Sister City Project.
We are planning many different exchanges including humanitarian aid to those
in need, archeological exchanges with the university, agricultural
exchanges, healing exchanges, and adventure sports and traditional tourism
exchanges. Listed below is the program for the April 12th event:

Meet ambassador Marco Nunez from Cuzco, a graduated of the University San
Antonio Abbot an expert in trekking, expeditions of high mountains, tourism,
adventure sports, archaeology, ecology, and the investigation of “The
Culture Inka” both conventional and mystical.

Listen and watch a slide presentation on “Reviving the Meso American
Cultures” and the traditions and customs of modern day Shamanism. Why it is
important to preserve the legacy of ancient cultures. Drums For Peace will
open the Ceremony.

Sample traditional Peruvian food and experience local Peruvian groups Inti
Raymi and Tiahuanacu perform traditional dances from Cuzco.

Learn about our trip to Peru this summer for the formal ceremony of
Sisterhood and for the Inti Raymi, the Festival of the Sun, one of the
largest traditional native celebrations in the Americas.

Join the Madison/ Urabumba, Cuzco Sister City Project and travel to Cuzco
this summer.

Travel Dates: June 22-July 2, 2005

Thank you

Victor Villacrez
Madison/Urabumba Cuzco Sister City Project