From:
Roy Jamron <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Roy Jamron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 21:25:53 -0700

Here's a summary of the replies I got for "Vitamin B12: Sublingual
(under tongue) versus Injections".  It seems not everyone does well
with sublingual B12, so keep an open mind on the possibility that you
might still need the injections.  Also consider the newly available
form of sublingual B12, methylcobalamin, as opposed to the commonly
used form, cyanocobalamin.  Both info on the benefits of
methlycobalamin and online stores selling sublingual methylcobalamin
can be found at numerous websites.  Search the web for
methylcobalamin.

******

"I have used both and very much would recommend the injections.  I go
in to get one 2 times a month and it is not an inconvience for me at
all compared to the alternative.  The sublingual is not a complete
solution but is better than nothing."

******

"Dr. Wright's newest book contains a really good write up about HCl &
absorption of B12. I wish I could say I had as much success as you
have with sublingual B12.  I know others who have had similar
experience.  I tried four different brands of sublingual B12 -- NOW,
TwinLab, TriVita & another I can't remember the name of -- each one
caused prickly rashes inside my mouth.  And none of them helped me
feel energetic at all like the B12 shot does.  I think the problem
may be that every brand I've found is raspberry flavored & I'm
allergic to raspberries (????).  My B12 supplementation is very
affordable.  I do my own shots at  home.  I pay only $12 for a two to
three month supply of injectable liquid B12 & about 20 cents for each
syringe.  The hardest part was learning to overcome my fear of
needles & poke myself.  It took about five shots for me to get the
hang of it.  Now it's easy.  Any medical doctor or naturopath can
prescribe B12 and any pharmacy can fill it."  --- [Note: Most
sublingual B12 is natural cherry flavored, but raspberry and
strawberry flavorings are also used.]

******

"Thanks for doing all that research on B12, etc. I was diagnosed with
achlorhydria about 2 months ago and have been doing the injections
(B12, B complex and folic acid) but want to change later to the
dots.  I had been taking the dots before diagnosis since I suspected
I had a deficiency and I believe they helped somewhat."

******

Sent by Medscape Mail: Free Portable E-mail for Professionals on the Move
http://www.medscape.com