From:
"K. McCullough" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
K. McCullough
Date:
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 15:47:54 -0700

I had a fantastic time with my 1 week cruise of Alaska on Holland America The Amsterdam. I contacted the cruise line 1 month prior to let them know of my dietary requirements. They always carry GF foods on board. There were 5 people on board on GF diets. I was very pleased with the food I was provided. French toast and muffins for breakfast, bread and butter with every lunch and dinner as well as delicious desserts! My husband liked my breads and desserts better than the regular that was offered to him. I would let the kitchen know a day in advance what meals I wanted for the following day. They would make anything I asked for in GF form... Clam Chowder, Stew, even french fries cooked in their own oil, etc. They even provided lunch to take on shore on request- or I would have them deliver it to my room to be eaten when we returned to the ship. They couldn't guarantee GF foods if I ate anywhere but the main dining room so I didn't try to eat anywhere else- but who needs to when I got so spoiled in the dining room! Would highly recommend this cruise line to anyone on GF diet.

K. McCullough >^,,^<