From:
Delia Kang <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Delia Kang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Mar 2002 21:13:35 -0500

hello everyone...

i realize that by writing this message i'm going to get a variety of
messages...positive (i hope) and negative (i know....). let me explain
some things and then if you think you can help me, please reply!!

i was diagnosed with celiac by the good old endoscopy in december 2000,
so i've made it a year and 3 months...gluten free!!

i am one of the people with celiac who does not get outwardly physically
ill if i eat gluten. i know that if i do injest gluten, that it does
effect my villi, etc., but i really have no way of knowing if i
accidently have gluten.

thus...the subject....gluten challenge....i want to know if anyone else
is in my situation and if a gluten challenge is a good idea. i would
like to know if i am actually experiencing side effects (fatigue, etc)
if i do injest gluten or if my fatigue is from something else. i was
thinking of eating a piece of pizza, a sub, something along those
lines...nothing HUGE, but enough gluten to see how it effects me.

that's it...i'll end this before you start screaming at the screen : )

i do realize that this is a controversial issue...but i am hoping
someone understands...

delia
ottawa, canada