THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tia West <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Oct 2004 13:53:31 EDT
Could someone please explain to me if there is is relationship to cancer and
thyroid and cortisol?

I had my thyroid gland removed 18 months ago due to tumors (called benign),
have been  kept hypothyroid for months and possibly years prior to the removal,
and last month was dx'd with breast cancer. The two cancers in my breast were
not there 16 months ago (around the time of the thyroid removal) but one had
already grown to more than 2 cm. The other was about 1 cm, a third was 1 cm
but only at a precancerous stage.  I had them removed by lumpectomy 10 days ago
and am now told they didn't get all the cancer and have to have a mastectomy
in 5 days.  Could the thyroid problems be related to the cancer.  I also came
off prednisone a few years ago and went through 14 months of hell because my
adrenals weren't working properly and the doctors did nothing to help me.  After
14 months, they finally tested my ACTH and it was very low normal so they
said I was fine. By then the adrenals were kicking in somewhat. I have never felt
good in all this time. While my adrenals were shut down, I had fever and
chills every evening and night also.

Thanks for any input.
Tia

  Thyroid Welcome Message (Instructions) Always Available
 Anyone can obtain a fresh, new copy of the Thyroid Welcome
 message at any time (24/7) by sending an e-mail message
 saying only "get Thyroid Welcome" (remove quotes) to our
 sleepless robot at <[log in to unmask]>. Its free.