THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 13 May 2002 07:17:44 -0500
ýHello,ý

      Sorry my previous posting was incomplete and it had Unexplained
Acronyms. Please ignore my previous posting.

ý      I have been diagnoised hypothyroid and have multinodular goitre for ý
ýpast 7 months. Right now i am taking 100microgram Sodium thyroxineý
ý(Eltroxin) daily. I used to feel discomfort on my throat due to the nodules ý
ýand fatigue in the beginning and after being on thyroxine for couple of ý
ýmonths i felt better and now again feel the same discomfort and fatigue. A ý
ýbrief history of my Thyroid Function Test resultsý

ýMy first Thyroid Function Test result 7 months backý
ýFree T4 - 10.96 pmol/Lý
ýFree T3 -  3.93 pmol/Lý
ýTSH     -  15.58 uIU/ml  ý
ýMy doctor advised me to take 50 microgram thyroxine daily and the next test ý
ýwas done after 8 weeks and my resultsý
ýFree T4 - 19.7ý
ýTSH     - 1.7 ý

ýDoctor advises me to stop eltroxin and the next test was done after 8 weeks ý
ýand my results ý
ýFree T4 - 5.1ý
ýTSH     - 250.4ý

ýDoctor advises to take 50 micrograms thyroxine and next test was done after
8 weeks and my resultsý
ýFree T4 - 11.9ý
ýTSH     - 201.8ý

ýDoctor advises to take 100 micrograms thyroxine and next test was done
after 8 weeks and my resultsý
ýFree T4 - 22.7ý
ýTSH     - 4.7ý
ýThe above results looked normal, but my doctor asked me to continue
100micrograms for another 3 months ýýand then do the next test. But if u see
the above result u can find that my TSH level has come down from ýý201.8 to
4.7 in 8 weeks. ý
ýAre there any chances of me becoming hyper if I continue 100 micrograms for
3 months? From past one ýýweek i feel the discomfort in my throat again and i
feel fatigue. Do these mean that i am turning hyper?ý

ýAny advises are welcome.ý

ýThanks & Rgd,ý
ýMario.ý

                      Snip, Please
If you "Reply" to a message, and *you* fail to erase or delete
 the previous message, *your* message cannot be distributed.

Why not ask a question? If we're not currently talking about
what *you* want to hear about, ask about another topic! Or
make a statement. To be prepared, you might want to search
the Thyroid Archives http://www.Emissary.Net/thyroid/index.html
to see what has been said before about any thyroid-related topic.