THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Greg De Guzman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 May 2002 00:30:57 +0800
From: "Dr.Paul Unsworth" <[log in to unmask]>

The problem is that I am still
> experiencing dizzy spells and some internal shaking. Can you tell me
if this
> is normal or should things have returned to normal by now. I seem to
be very
> fatigued as well. I hope you can help.

If the adrenal output of cortisol is adequate I would suspect a high
insulin level. By the very nature of cortisol purpose in the
fight-or-flight mechanism -- it cuts insulin release and increases that
of Glucagon which is responsible for releasing the stored energy from
inside the cells into the bloodstream. You might be adequately
supplemented at 150 mcg of thyroxine, but that doesn't mean that a high
insulin level and insulin resistance is not present. It could be that at
200 mcgs your body is provoked into hypoglycemia due to the insulin.
Otherwise, your symptoms are explainable by the dosage.

Hope this opinion helps.

Greg

  Thyroid Welcome Message (Instructions) Always Available
 Anyone can obtain a fresh, new copy of the Thyroid Welcome
 message at any time (24/7) by sending an e-mail message
 saying only "get Thyroid Welcome" (remove quotes) to our
 sleepless robot at <[log in to unmask]>. Its free.