THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ballew Kinnaman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Oct 2001 01:55:54 -0700
Dear Peggy and Thyroid Folks,

> I feel that by testing my blood without my
> dose of thyroid, the readings are probably
> showing unrealistic low values

Your health care providers would be ideal if
they knew whether you did or didn't take
your medication today, whether or not your
medication contains T3 (~fast acting), and
what the effect on your test scores should
be from taking or not taking your medication.

I have yet to find such a health care provider.
They all seem to have been snowed by some
synthetic T4 sales pitch that "thinking is
no longer necessary - just give T4 and all
will be better."

What To Do?

As I recall, the way I've said it before here, is
that you ought to do one thing or the other,
consistently, before your blood tests. Either
do take your medication or don't - the same
each and every time. AND, be sure you
mention each and every time that you did
or did not take your medication. This slightly
increases the chance that your health care
provider will have a clear understanding of
the complex matters involved, by keeping
one of the varibles constant.

I hope this helps (IHTH).

 Pax,
Ballew Kinnaman <[log in to unmask]> 206/463-2322
Discussion list owner: Allergy, Arthritis, PCHealth, Rubber, Thyroid

Thyroid
Discussion Group http://www.Emissary.Net/thyroid/index.html

  Thyroid Welcome Message (Instructions) Always Available
 Anyone can obtain a fresh, new copy of the Thyroid Welcome
 message at any time (24/7) by sending an e-mail message
 saying only "get Thyroid Welcome" (remove quotes) to our
 sleepless robot at <[log in to unmask]>. Its free.