From:
Leigh Hornick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 06:38:55 -0400

Our daughter with CD is now 15 and disclosed that she has been non-compliant w/ the GF diet for 2 years at junior high and high school lunches and overnight debate trips etc.  We knew that noncompliance would happen, but it is worse than that.  She developed anxiety/depression over the summer and has been hospitalized in child psych for the last 3 weeks following a
suicidal gesture.  During that time and the month before she has been back on a GF diet.  However, she remains hospitalized because they can't find a combination anti-depressant/anxiety medication that works.  In fact, she seems more anxious and depressed than when she was first admitted.
In addition to CD, she has food allergies to beet sugar and the phenols, as well as, develops puffy eyes and a lightly "sad" affect when she consumes milk products.
We are writing to see if people have experience with Celiac or other food intolerances and Anxiety/Depression.
Any resources would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Leigh and Doug