From:
"Hosier, Mary" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Hosier, Mary
Date:
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 14:31:51 -0500

Here is the letter I wrote if anyone wants to use it as a template for their
own.

Dear Senator XXXX,

I am writing to urge you to support passage of Food Allergen Labeling (S
2499 IS) as it is written.  I am aware of the strong food industry lobby
against it.  But I believe we must put the health of ALL the citizens of our
nation above the interest of the profit of a FEW shareholders of food
processors.

The passage of Representative Lowey and Senator Kennedy Bill, the Food
Allergen Consumer Protection Act, is important to the health and safety of
thousands of persons suffering from allergies and intolerances.  I am one of
those people who suffer severe consequences when I ingest gluten.  It is
critical for my health that I have full knowledge what is in the foods I
purchase and consume.  I risk my life when I consume gluten!

I check http://capwiz.com/usatoday/issues/votes/ daily to keep abreast of
issues in Washington D.C. that affect my family and me.

Thank you for your consideration of this significant issue.  I appreciate
your support.

Submitted by Mary
IL