From:
Nancy Kloberdanz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 09:05:33 EDT

The Food Allergen Bill S.2499 has been rescheduled for discussion after the
August recess. This is not the time to stop our campaign to make our voices
be heard. It gives us more time to be effective. Currently there may not be
enough support to pass this bill in the Senate. You can change that by
speaking with your congressional representatives.

Here is what you can do: write, fax, call, email your senators about this
bill. Ask your friends and family to help support this important legislation.
Ask your organization leaders to write letters, etc., on behalf of their
clients.

You can easily find contact information for your legislative representatives
by going to: http://www.visi.com/juan/congress/ziptoit.html

If this bipartisan bill doesn't make it in the Senate, chances are it won't
make it in the House either. Make a difference today.

Cynthia Kupper, RD, CD
Executive Director
Gluten Intolerance Group

Speak with One Voice
Be an Advocate!
Advocate for unity amongst the USA celiac organizations

To read the bill, you may go to http://thomas.loc.gov and type in the bill
number or the word allergen.

There have been several sample letters already posted, but what is really
important is that you, your family, and friends make contact with the
Senators (and later the house) to let them know how important this bill is to
all of us.

Posted by Nancy
Seattle, WA