Date:
Wed, 1 May 2002 08:19:53 -0600

    About a year ago a doctor in the Austin area was listed on the
celiac list that was knowledgeable about celiac sprue.  I gave the name
to a friend of mine, and she has since lost the name.  Would someone
please e-mail me privately and give me that name.  She really needs help
since her doctor told her that since she was overweight she couldn't
possibly be celiac, and wouldn't even hear her out about her symptoms.
She is quite discouraged and needs a much more knowledgeable and
understanding doctor..

    I had the opportunity to have a consult with Dr. Goldschmid at the
U. of AZ Medical Center in Tucson, from a referral I got on this list.
He is wonderful and quite knowledgeable and understood my situation
immediately.  I would highly recommend him but you have to wait 4 months
for an appt. at the clinic.

    Joy Ash, Silver City, NM