From:
Herman Green <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Herman Green <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Jan 2003 08:19:58 -0600

I was so surprised when this worked.  I have done it over and over to make sure it wasn't a fluke.  The flour mix is as follows:
2 parts rice flour
1 part potato flour
1 part potato starch

When making  the pizza have all ingredients there and handy.  Do the sauce first so the spices can blend.  Have cheese grated and any meat already cooked if necessary.  All  veg. cut if using them.  Then do the crust dough last, because once it is mixed you knead it just enough to make a ball and roll it out as quickly as possible.  I rolled it out on parchment paper and put the paper right on the pizza pan to cook it.  I shaped the edges when it was on the pan.  Added the ingredients and baked on 400 degrees F. for about 15 minutes or until crust was brown. Let it set for 5 minutes before cutting.

Sauce

1 small can of tomato sauce
1 small can of tomato paste
1 tsp olive oil
*spice as you like with any or all of the following:

onion powder, garlic powder, thyme, oregano, sugar
peper, italian seasoning, basil

Mix well and set aside.

Pizza Crust

1 cup warm water
1 tsp sugar
1 package or 2 1/4 tsp yeast
2 cups flour mix from above
2 tsp salt
2 tbsp olive oil

Disolve sugar in water and sprinkle yeast on top. Set aside for 5 minutes.  Combine all ingredients in a bowl and beat.  It won't take long!  Quickly form into ball and roll out. It will feel alittle stiff, don't worry or dwaddle at this point.  Once you have shaped it to the pan you can add sauce, cheese, and anything you like. Bake!

Kristine