From:
d hemingson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 09:27:03 -0800

Of about 20 replies 75% seemed to know of people or
themsleves with a gluten problem and having had some
problem that either resembled T.A. or was mistakenly
diagnosed as TA...I think its quite likely that there
is a connection as it is lymphoid tissue that swells
in the temporal artery and something causes that
artery to manifest symptoms in affected areas with
decreased blood supply etc etc ..since CD is a problem
with the lymphatic cells why not in the temporal
artery as well..I have had severe headches and would
have all the symptoms of temporal arteritis but I knew
that it was a food problem even before I connected it
to gluten and of course we all know that prednisone is
usually the drug of choice for any unknown causative
inflammation in the body and it works at suppressing
the symptoms of inflammation and if we are lucky
enough and the complex of causative factors do not
configure again then we are CURED!!! Does Ron Hoggan
read these?? be well., Donna