VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 5 Feb 2003 10:29:25 -0600
I am pasting below a message I have saved from the JFW lite list which deals
with this topic.  Hope it helps, Judy if you are getting the illegal error
message when you have run jaws
first checked, this probably has to with NDetect.  NDetect is the scheduled
task that establishes the connection to live updates so that it can
continuously monitor for live updates.  The problem is caused from the fact
that the Norton Live Updates feature that checks automatically for live
updates and jaws are trying to start up at the same time.  You can either
disable automatic live updates and do themselves yourself manually, or you
can try something Joel suggested which I have put below.  As far as system
doctor coming up, since most of it is graphical and it is a resource hog,
you may wish to not have it run.  Run system works and tab to the options
button and enter.  Enter on Norton system works and you should be on a start
up page.  Uncheck system doctor and enter for okay.  Below are the
instructions from Joel.

When we were first discussing this issue Suymantec,