VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kelly Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kelly Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 06:51:17 -0600
The same company that produced Chicago's fare vending machines for the el
and subway also produced New York's.  Ours don't use earphones and play
the speech in the open air.  While earphones are fully appropriate for an
ATM, I wonder if they are necessary simply to purchase a $1.50 transit
fare or to add $10 to a fare card?

Like New York's ours also has Braille instructions to get one started and
the button is integrated into the design of the machine so one either
needs to read the instructions or get an orientation from someone.

Kelly