From:
Matt Baker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 13:39:56 -0500
> Soybean oil is the result of very extensive processing, and should be
avoided
> when possible.
>
> However, small amounts should not be a problem.

The only soybean oil I eat 7/365 is what is in my Vit E.  I'm wondering
whether the risk : benefit  is a good ratio.  Repeat question: Does anybody
know if lectins are in soybean oil?

From Dori's post I'm assuming lectins aren't in rice bran oil.  What about
phytates--are they in rice bran?  Would they be in the oil?

And now the NYTimes article says Vit C is sourced from corn.  Looks like I
need to contact my vitamin manufacturer again with yet another question.

I really am wondering how and to what extent vitamins/supplements may
compromise the beneficial effects of a paleo diet and the health of us
pill-poppers when they are sourced from the very things we avoid.

Theola