From:
"Brian L." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 May 2002 13:38:38 -0700
Ray, I've only been a list member a short time, so I didn't even know you
were on it!

Of course, when I refer to vegetarianism as not being a bad thing, I'm
referring to the fact that, teens and adults who take the time to learn
about vegetarian eating and food combining, rather than just dumping meat
from their diet and eating whatever the heck they want, _adults_ can live
fairly decently _in the city_ on a vegetarian diet.

On the other hand, the point I think you were making in your book about
eating only what didn't require tons of processing, makes mainstream
"vegetarianism" (by which I mean vegan, etc.) less useful to the
paleo-dieter...  Besides, in the Pacific Northwest, we don't have a capacity
to grow most of what constitutes an Eastern-style vegetarian diet.  That's
the main reason that I'm so eager to re-read "NeanderThin" and adopt the
paleo-diet.