NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
MaryBeth Noonan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 2006 19:35:44 -0800
Earth Balance is definately a favorite in our house also.  We've recently found Soy Garden in the supermarkets... also Dairy Free and great tasting.... also bakes just like butter.
  Beth

Kornblum-Dobson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  Coconut is indeed a nut, and allergy to it not uncommon. My son is allergic
to coconut (along with other tree nuts & peanuts & sesame seeds & dairy).

We use "Earth Balance" brand margarine, which contains no trans-fats and is
completely non-hydrogenated. It is totally non-dairy & non-GMO, and has no
artificial flavor or color. What's more, it's good! Though a dedicated,
lifelong butter fan, I have started using it even when my son's allergies
are not an issue, like to butter my own toast. It comes in both stick and
tub forms, and I buy it at my food co-op. The package mentions a website
(earthbalance.net) though I have never been there. Anyhow, I certainly
recommend this margarine for baking & cooking as well as table use.

Susan