NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bob Husby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2005 14:38:44 -0800
>I too have ordered the samples and will give my feedback in a few weeks.
> But is this a new product?  From the sound of the cited research report it
> has been out for a while and, if so, I'd supprised if others on this list
> have not tried it.
>
> Ed
>
>> I've never heard of it before now but they're offering 8-Day Free
>> Samples.
>> I might try it.  If I do, I'll report back.
>> Catharine

I tried it when they offered the free samples in my area last year.  It
didn't get the most thorough test with me -- I mostly avoid dairy since I'm
also allergic -- but I intentionally consumed several brands of cheese that
would normally give me big LI problems.  The stuff seemed to work at least
as well as conventional lactase tablets for me.  (i.e. not perfect, but
enough to get by in a pinch.)

The last time I checked, it still hadn't appeared in stores around here, but
from pricing it on the web it looks like the recommended regimen would cost
around thirty cents a day.  I'm guessing that for many people, and
definitely for me, that is considerably more expensive than "as needed" use
of lactase caplets from Trader Joe's.

Bob