NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Karin McDonough <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Aug 2003 07:34:40 -0700
--- [log in to unmask] wrote:

> As far as I understand, the lactose used in medication is refined
> medical-grade pure lactose.
>
> Does it, even so, contain enough protein residues to create symptoms in
> sensitive people?

I have an anaphylactic reaction to milk protein, and I've never reacted to the
lactose in medications.  Other than my vitamin supplements, all of my
medications contain some amount of lactose.

On the other hand, my lactose intolerant son reacts with a typical lactose
response to medications.

As always, this is my personal experience.

Karin McDonough