NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Demidion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Mar 2003 15:18:08 -0600
I do a lot of baking (cakes cookies etc..) my wife is allergic to wheat and
now I just found out I am allergic to dairy. I have found a good flour mix
for wheat free baking and I often end up with a cake that no one can tell
has no wheat. Now adding no dairy is a bit harder. I use Crisco.. well
actually I am using a lard / vegetable shortening. I also found that soy
milk works well in heavily flavored things and may actually raise a little
better! The problem I am having is butter flavor. So here is my question,
(finally!!!) I found that Wilton baking supplies has a dairy - free
artificial butter flavor. Has anyone used this? I haven't experimented with
it yet and don't know how much to add. Thanks everyone!!

Joe Verna