NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lori Boldt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 19:22:24 -0500
I am unfamiliar with the "Willow Run" margarine but my favorite is "Earth
Balance" from the Whole Foods health food store.  We also like the Tofutti
ice cream novelties.  I recommend purchasing the book "The Milk Free
Kitchen" by Beth Kidder which has been a great resource for everything from
cakes and cookies to pancakes and main dishes.  My son (age 8) has been
dairy free for about two months now.  We have gotten things pretty much
under control at home but still have problems when eating out on the
weekends (why does McDonald's put whey in their chicken nuggets?).  It is
very hard to explain to him why he now has to have a hamburger instead of
his favorite chicken nuggets.  I find that Brian's dairy infractions affect
him for about 4 days (bowel problems, night waking, behavior issues, rash on
his rear) so I am determined to keep him dairy free.

Good Luck
Lori