C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Deri James <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Aug 2002 20:56:53 +0100
On Tuesday 27 Aug 2002 7:17 pm, Kathy Salkin wrote:
> Just wanted to add that I've never had a problem with
> distinguishing between KPH and MPH.  In fact, I think it's
> ridiculous that the US hasn't switched over to the metic system
> which is far more accurate than the old one we've been using.

I think you'll find 1 cm about as accurate as 0.39370079 of an inch,
you just need more decimal points!!!

> What was harder for me in driving in the UK was driving on the left
> side of the road with a stick shift, as I learned to drive on an
> automatic shift car. I'm sure I couldn't do it now, especially on
> the dual-lane carriageways like the A-1 road, which I understand
> has grown expotentially in traffic volume in the past 10 years, as
> has the M-1 out of London (I think it goes out of London - correct
> me if I'm wrong, Deri).

Stick shift is optional both Lin's and mine are automatic. M1 goes
London to Leeds (where it joins the A1 onto Edinburgh). You would not
believe the traffic volume, current average speed through London is
2.7mph, driving in DC last year was a positive breeze.

Cheers

Deri