C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Sat, 29 Jun 2002 16:06:42 -0400
 Neurontin was on my "drugs tried" list from 1997.  Nothing happened.  I am
REALLY glad it helps you.  NPR ran a story last week (I think it was last
week, you can search their archives) about Pfizer marketing the bejabbers
out of Neurontin for everything from seizures (for which it was developed)
to the common cold (almost).  Pfizer was wining and dining MDs like nobody's
business so they would prescribe Neurontin for a range of maladies.  They
even read an internal memo from Pfizer's marketing head that was so corrupt
with greed I thought I was going to be physically ill.  Sorry for the
soapbox....

Thanks for the encouragement about the site.  I just think if we all
marshall our energies into one contact point we could be so effective.

Mag, girl, you're on the resource list too.  Thanks for your encouraging
note.

I really think this could work...I saw it happen right before my eyes with
the leukemia thing.  There's no reason a bunch of old gimps couldn't pull
off something just as good.

-Kyle