C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Michael Jeffries <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jun 2002 19:26:22 EDT
In a message dated 6/3/2002 16:09:58 Eastern Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

> Ah well, in Ohio, "Tender Years Doctrine" is the standard, meaning that
> > > child under age twelve will remain with Mom at all costs, unless Mom is
> > > committed or in jail.  I didn't see the advantage in putting Adrienne
> > > through the trauma of not seeing her Mom--my options were that 1) she
> > > remain
> > > the residential parent or 2) I press charges that she had raped her
> > > sixteen
> > > year old boyfriend in order to have her committed.
> > >
> > > So, I paid my child support, purchased every stitch of clothes the kid
> > > ever
> > > wore and bought groceries for her every week.  I am upset that the
> > states
> > > mandate support, but do nothing to ensure the money is being spent on
> > the
> > > child.  So, I was paying $550/month in support while Adrienne was in
> her
> > > mom's home.  I will now be paying $1100/month for her to attend a
> > private
> > > liberal arts college near Philly (actually, the tuition is $26K/yr--she
> > > has
> > > an academic scholarship for the other $13K).  My joy is based that my
> ex
> > > can
> > > no longer live off her daughter's child support (and will have to rely
> > on
> > > the support from the other fathers whose children she bore).  Yes, one
> > can
> > > actually live a rather comfortable life living off of one's children.
> > >
> > > But, I am a man, therefore I am suspect from the beginning, right
> > Trisha?
> > > Possibly you don't remember situations that were discussed prior to
> your
> > > timely hiatus from the list?
> > >
> > > If you are wanting to "pick a fight", let me know now.  I will not
> fight
> > > you, nor will I respond to any more of your posts, public or private.

I'm raising 2 girls by myself and I have custody.  I've never heard of this
tender years doctrine.  I live in Cleveland OH, although I had a hell of a
time trying to get Susan.
I'm not getting child support.  I have to keep working to afford the house,
pay the bills, keep clothes coming in and food on the table.  I do all the
work and barely have time to enjoy being with my children.

"Long ago and far away we had a point you know that we had to make, we won't
live for yesterday, ready or not we're going to have our way"

Twisted Sister  Wake Up (the sleeping giant)