C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rayna Lamb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 13:23:30 +0800
Hi Jenn,

So glad that you are happy with the way things went at the pain
clinic, and that they gave you some options.

I don't think purple and butterflies sound immature for your AFO's, I
think it sounds wonderful!!!!  I am hoping to replace my scooter (9
years old and falling to bits) and get a quad cane of my own (have had
one on loan from hospital - depressing grey flaking paint...) and am
intending to paint both of them bright purple and cover them in
glitter.  I have no problems with having to use these devices, but I
do have a problem with them looking so boring and grey and
depressing.  I WANT COLOUR!!!!  I want them to look stylish and cool,
after all, glasses started out being boring and ugly, and now they've
developed into stylish fashion accessories, why not other things?

Read an article in the paper about an English art student who was
using crutches after an injury and didn't like the medical look of
them, so he designed some really snappy ones that do the job and look
good as well... Fabulous!!

Rayna