C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jennifer Zubko <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 19:29:44 -0500
Dear Debbie and everyone,

I am so disappointed. I got an e-mail from Paul Osborne today saying that
they do not think I am acandidate for the Hart Walker because I am an
independent walker, do as well as many of their clients when they are done
w/ the walker. I had a very tearful conversation with Krista (one of the
orthotists) and told her my reasoning for wanting the Hart Walker/bracing...
to walk independently, to run to be upright like my peers. They have known I
could walk by myself since I started contacting them 1 1/2 years ago. I just
cry and cry. I want to be able to walk... without worrying so much about
fatigue, falling, etc. I WANT TO GO TO THE MALL, BE INDEPENDENT, NOT BE IN
MY CHAIRS, WALK W/ BIOMWECHANICAL CORRECTNESS/USE MUSCLES I NEVER HAVE. I am
keeping my appt. on the 2nd, but think if they were not ready to make it for
an adult they should just say so, not give me a bunch of bull when they knew
I could walk independently. I have been telling them for 2 years almost.
Just when I THINK THINGS ARE GOING WELL....
ugh.
I just want to walk with my hands free, and this is the HART MANDATE.
Sorry just needed to vent
Jenn
who can't walk forr longer than 3 mins on her own/spends the majority of
time in her chairs (power chair STILL BROKEN). Can't ANYTHING GOOD HAPPEN??