BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Darling, all I want is that you should be a pinhead -- Arlene Croce" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 11:24:15 EDT
Thanks Leland  that was good; as was Kens girlfriend story; this time last
year I was very close tio the Enron story

My friend Doug worked for Enron; he was the manger of the New York office,
and this time last year I was staying with him at his digs over in the
tenderloin on 44th.

The Pan Am had been rough for me ; there were alot of crass micro managers
there who didn't give a crap about restoration plus they thought they owned
you.
 I bristled up against them like a porcupine to a maundering bear...it wasn't
pretty

 Id come home at night worn out from fighting and the double dealing of
palace politics that made Machivelli look like Clara Barton..
..Doug was there; and over refreshment he would tell me about Enron;
as capo du tuti capo of the New York office... he hadn't an idea about what
was going on in Texas ; like me he had no uncles or "beards" in the Texas
office ; his communication was icy....he felt out of the loop ..and it was
getting worse..
He just didn't understand; he would say     he was delivering for them yet he
was getting iced .We both took our jobs personally

Many a late summer and early sept  night passed like this until 911 when we
saw the incoming  planes over the Pan Am; And as  the towers collapsed  the
world changed ...so did the  infrastructure of Enron begin its list to
starboard. .
Doug said he spent the nest few months literally re arranging the deck chairs
in futile attempts  of  unexplained directives from Texas.
 When the great ship finally went down .
.. Doug lost $250,000 in retirement; unlike older  employees  he is now  back
on his feet doing investment banking .
The Pan Am is finishing up this next month looking good; despite all the
blood and acrimony on the floor .. Me ; Im back home letting my 2 1/2 yr old
chase me around  the grape arbor. in constructive therapy.... see you at PTN
....best Michael