BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ralph Walter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
"As good almost kill a man as kill a good book" -- John Milton" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Jun 2002 21:29:25 -0400
In a message dated Tue, 4 Jun 2002  6:27:31 PM Eastern Daylight Time, [log in to unmask] writes:

> Deb did a fabulous job on restoring some historic 1937 metal toilet partitions in a 1917 building on East 79th.  She is
> really, really good.

Not in the least surprised, and nice to hear it.

Re: dead Biens, I should have thought that at least Sylvan was of the Hebrew persuasion.  Will have to verify that with The Great Man, seen today by DebCaves and Young Mike Edison, both of whom have most impressive heads of hair.  Anyway, the Great Man (who does not have an impressive head of hair) knew Sylvan (and all the other boring 1960's architectural dinosaurs) and I assume the son also.

Further Bien note: I went to Jr Hi and High School with a guy named Richard Bien (he pronounced it "bee-enn", as opposed to "bean") who was on his way to from CA to NYC and arch school when he was killed in some sort of traffic accident here.  Having subsequently heard about Sylvan, I wondered whether there might be a blood connection.

Ralph

Ralph