NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Helen Edith Stephenson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 22:27:31 +0000
Juliann Seebauer <[log in to unmask]> writes
[snip[
>Also, anyone know if the margarine called Benecol is milk- free? I
>don't see any recognizeable milk words and also no hescher marks on
>it.

I'm not sure whether I've checked out Benecol, but I know that I don't
use it. Have you checked for whey? If I remember, I'll look it over next
time I'm in the supermarket. (I'm not sure if this will help: looking at
your email address, I don't think you're from the UK after all. Benecol
must have spread its wings far and wide.)

I get really frustrated by the olive oil margarines. I have yet to find
one that is non dairy.

I mostly use Sainsbury's dairy free, which is made from rapeseed oil. Or
canola if you're an Australian. They seem to have gone off the word
rape... I also like Pure brand sunflower margarine. Since the fuss about
genetic modification, soya margarines seem to have fallen from vogue. I
don't really mind, as I think rapeseed or sunflower margarines taste
better.

Helen
--
Helen Edith Stephenson  <[log in to unmask]>
                        http://www.baronmoss.demon.co.uk/