C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Date:
Fri, 21 Jun 2002 08:41:05 -0400
Jennifer,

I've always used it as a term of endearment for a wife, particularly my own.
I can't take credit for it--I heard it first used many years ago by a close
friend.

Its source is the Genesis account of the creation of Woman by fashioning her
from one of Adam's ribs.  In my mind, it implies the incredible bond between
husband and wife in a loving marriage.  I have found a true soulmate in
Laura, so much so that I feel she is a part of me--hence, my "rib".

-Kyle