From:
Marcy Thorner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 30 Sep 2002 14:20:19 EDT

I've just returned from the Outer Banks. We frequent a lovely upscale
restaurant there called the Colington Cafe. Charming place, excellent food,
very reasonable for the quality/quantity.

Found out on this trip that one of their wait staff has Celiac. She informed
us (my daughter, the celiac in the family, was not with us) that they can
easily accommodate gluten-free requirements for many of their menu items and
can alter some others. Two of their desserts -- the key lime (in a cup, no
crust) and the creme brulee -- are also GF.

The Colington is on Colington Road, just south of the Wright Memorial in
Kitty Hawk. It is always busy; reservations are a must (call at least a few
days ahead). No liquor but they do serve wine.

Enjoy!
Marcy in MD (who wishes she was still in NC walking the beach!)