From:
Stacey Groppe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 28 Jul 2002 08:47:09 EDT

Hello everyone,

I need an opinion.  I have been gluten free for about 8 months.  I think I am
following the diet very well.  I still have problems going to the bathroom
many times throughout the day and can't seem to get rid of a burning in my
butt when I go.  I have been dealing with this burning for about a year.  It
will come and go.  The longest it disappeared was for one month.  Usually, it
goes away for about two weeks and then comes back.  It can last from 2 days
to the longest was 10 days.  It is awful when it returns and I have to take
lots of Immodium to quit going to the bathroom.  Anyway, my new Gastro doctor
decided to do a colonoscopy and endoscopy again.  He didn't do  my tests
orginally, it was another doctor who diagnosed me with Celiac Disease.  He
found I had a few ulcers, definitely have microscopic colitis, but he found
no evidence of celiac disease.  I don't understand because the first doctor
said my biopsies showed celiac.  Could I be healed that quickly???  He said
for me to still follow the Gluten Free diet till I feel better.  He has me on
Asacol, which I was on before and it didn't help, but I wasn't taking this
high of a dosage he has me on now.  So, I hope I start to feel better in a
couple of weeks.  After reading all about Celiac, I was pretty sure I had it
because of all my symptoms.  Before I was on the diet, my BM would sometimes
look like dirt and I would also have undigested food in my stool and lots of
mucus.  Since, I have been on the diet that has improved.  I am so
confused.........

Does anybody have any advice???  I would love to go right now and have a
feast on non-gluten food, but I feel I better wait.

Also, I just had the Elisa/Act Test done and Gluten wasn't even a
reactions(strong or moderate).  Does that make sense?

Thanks,

Stacey
Latrobe, PA