THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 11 Sep 2005 17:20:29 +0000
RE: Leg and Feet Pain after Thyroidectomy
by [log in to unmask]

> Peg said "... a lot depends on how well one converts T4 to T3 and how much of that T3 is the unusable Reverse T3....

"And I've learned that there are a lot of other factors that can inhibit the process of getting enough T3 into the cells."

My first question to all of you on the list is when I have my T3 measured, does that number represent only the active T3 or does it include the inactive Reverse T3? (I sometimes get both my T3 and Reverse T3 measured but do not know how to interpret the T3 test.)

Second question: what are all the "other factors that can inhibit the process of getting enough T3 into the cells"?

Many thanks,
Margaret