THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Laurie Ahneman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 15:49:04 EDT
      Food sensitivity could be an issue.  My son was EXTREMELY sensitive to
MSG (monosodium glutamate) and food coloring (esp. red) when he was young.  I
recently saw that MSG has an effect on the Adrenals, so that could have been
the problem.
      My son would bounce off the walls when he had MSG or food coloring.
Things such as Doritos, Hawaiian Punch and Chinese food made him crazy.  Even
when he was 2 weeks old and I had Chinese food, then he nursed - he was up
screaming for 2 hours.
     I would try doing a food diary of everything he consumes for 2-3 weeks
and see if there is a correlation to his actions.   Some reactions may be
immediately noticeable, others may be cumulative.  Such as if my son had
chicken for 3 days in a row - he'd be hyper.  Also, when he started baby
food, he couldn't have protein at night, because he wouldn't sleep.  So he
would have protein for breakfast, and rice cereal for dinner - or else no one
slept.  He was diagnosed hypothyroid 2 years ago at age 14.  Good luck.
Laurie

 Thyroid messages contain only the opinions of their authors.
 Opinions expressed on Thyroid do not necessarily reflect the
 opinions of the management, publisher, or our advertisers.

 Change your own account here
   http://www.Emissary.Net/Thyroid/index.html

If a question isn't answered on Thyroid, check the Thyroid Archives:
<http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/thyroid.html> and ask again!