THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Skipper Beers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jul 2002 12:48:52 EDT
I don't know the specific reasons, I'll find out.  Just to let people know
that good thyroid doctors like Durrant-Peatfield in the UK and Dr. Derry in
Canada isn't the end.  Probably not close to the begining either.

I know vaguely there was a doctor in Portage, MI who treated Wilson's
Syndrome by the name of Dr. Streeter.  I know this because the pharmacist who
compounds my T3 for me, was taught to do it for Dr. Streeter.  I heard some
comment he was chased out of Michigan by the FDA and set up practice in
Elkhart, IN.  He must have some reputation because one person who was from
another state and on the list for a short time knew his name.

I know someone who's husband goes there for chelation therapy, another
controversial treatment, and is getting much better.  I also know traditonal
doctors do not like chelation.

I wondered how he could he could be chased out of Michigan by the FDA (Food
and Drug Administration), a federal organization and practice in Indiana.
Well, I heard today he will be going to trial for whatever he's did in
Michigan.  Any bets on Wilson's Syndrome or chelation being inappropriate?

So, if you think the attacks are going to stay out of the USA, you are
probably wrong.  Why alternate practitioners don't band together in these
cases and pool their time and money I don't know.

Skipper Beers