THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Skipper Beers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jul 2002 13:37:16 EDT
> From:    Dolly Wood <[log in to unmask]>

  I have a 6 year old who was dx'd with
>  hashimoto's.   after a period of 4-6 months, he gets hyper
 Can't answer specifically about Hashi's.  Can say,
1.  Some children bounce off the walls when tired, maybe dose is really too
low.
2.  My wife had a day care, some children never heard of a bed time and they
would be real hyper but have them sit still a couple minutes to watch TV or
something and they doze off and can't be woke up.

>sometimes I just quit giving it to him, and  he  calms down.
Low thyroid makes people passive.  You know, people don't always get nicer
when they get better, not even children.  I suspect he may be tired and
that's what you see but I can be wrong.  If you observe him and he goes to
sleep real easy while sitting reading, watching TV or other things that he
actually sits still for it may be his dose is too low.  It could also be lack
of a bedtime, TV in his room that he falls asleep watching, all kinds of
things that can make a chidl tired. (And those day care parents who won't
even give their children a bed time because "they want to see him" somehow
don't want to see him on any day they have to pay for.  Daycare charges a fee
for the week regardless of how many times he comes and parents drop him off
and go shopping on their day off.)

Skipper

                      Snip, Please
If you "Reply" to a message, and *you* fail to erase or delete
 the previous message, *your* message cannot be distributed.

Why not ask a question? If we're not currently talking about
what *you* want to hear about, ask about another topic! Or
make a statement. To be prepared, you might want to search
the Thyroid Archives http://www.Emissary.Net/thyroid/index.html
to see what has been said before about any thyroid-related topic.