THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Skipper Beers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Jul 2002 21:18:12 EDT
> From:    Kim Irving <[log in to unmask]>

>  My first two assumptions when I heard the Dr. Derry issues was:
>  1) this is about a turf war between doctors.
>  2) this is a pharmaceutical debate - that one (or more) pharmaceutical
>  corporations is trying to control the thyroid prescription market.

That might be most people's assumption.  They got rid of two doctors, not in
the USA known to many of us who have learned about thryoid problems on the
Internet.  I've received help for myself and my family partially from things
Dr. Durrant-Peatfield in the UK and Dr. Derry in Canada have said.  They know
a lot, understand my problems,, and in his book Derry mentioned some unkown
symptoms of hypothyroidism not known to many doctors, but my family had
expericenced them and I knew they were.

Yes, they attacked Dr. Durrant-Peatifield and took away his license and it
seemed like immediately afterward they jumped on Dr. Derry.  A turf war, well
the turf may be a little bigger than you think.  The pharmaceutical debate a
bit larger than thryoid medicine.  If they prescribe thyroid meds, then there
are people who will no longer need Claritin, ritalin, Singulair, asthma
inhalers, blood pressure medicine, and a long.  long list of other medicine.
If thyroid medicine like Derry was pracrticed worldwide the drug industry and
the whole medical economy would be in severe recession.. Good idea to shut
him up and not destroy the medical economy, don't you think?

Skipper Beers

  Thyroid Welcome Message (Instructions) Always Available
 Anyone can obtain a fresh, new copy of the Thyroid Welcome
 message at any time (24/7) by sending an e-mail message
 saying only "get Thyroid Welcome" (remove quotes) to our
 sleepless robot at <[log in to unmask]>. Its free.