THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Skipper Beers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Apr 2002 14:46:54 EDT
> A Barrington <[log in to unmask]>

>  It is also difficult to hold the steering wheel of the car
>  with this weakness as well as my eye muscles fatiguing making it difficult
>  to focus.  This problem disappeared when I was diagnosed Hashi's and took
T4
>  and T3.  Now additional T3 does not seem to be helping
First question is do you think you might be on too much thyroid?  I believe
that can cause muscle weakness, and yes low thyroid can also cause it but I'm
wondering because you say increasing T3 doesn't help.  I think that Doc Don
said if one was hyper their really big muscles get real weak, for example
they'll really notice how weak their thighs are when they go up and down
stairs.

If you have other hyper symptoms like rapid heart beat, high blood pressure
when it's not normal for you, then it's likely a problem with too  much
thyroid medication.

The other possibility I can't think of is that it's common for us to have low
adrenals.  That can cause almost any symptom low thyroid can.  Jacob
Teitalbaum, MD author of "From Fatigued to Fantastic" gave criteria for
treating the low adrenals including an AM cortisol test that reads under 12,
which is one of the easier tests for it.  Also, taking blood pressure sitting
and then again standing, when you stand your blood pressure should go up  if
your adrenals are functioning normally.

As for the eyes, I've had a lot of trouble with mine.  I added tuna fish as
well as other cold water ocean fish to my regular diet, because the omega-3
they contain is important to the thyroid and also has a component called DHA
that is important for the eyes.  In addition to that I added Ginko blloba,
and until today I was wondering which helped my eyes the most.  Well,  I've
been out of Ginko for two days and my eyes are sore, tired and having trouble
focusing again.  The Ginko increases circulation to the brain and the small
blood vessels in the eyes, I think that really helps.  I didn't know how much
until I didn't take it for a couple days.

Skipper Beers

>  I would prefer to find the cause than start wearing a collar - does anyone
>  else experience weak and tired muscles with low thyroid?

  Control Your Self-Serve Thyroid Account Here
Rules - mailto:[log in to unmask]
NoMail - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Mail - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Not DAILY DIGEST - mailto:[log in to unmask]
DAILY DIGEST - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Stop Attachments - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Force Attachments - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Force Subject: [THYROID] - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Subscribe - <http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/CGI/wa.exe?SUBED1=thyroid>
Unsubscribe - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Thyroid Archives - http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/thyroid.html
Contact List Owners - mailto:[log in to unmask]